Revision Buddies has put together a guide of top tips to help students keep up with their education and stay motivated during these challenging times.
- We highly recommend establishing a routine that closely resembles a normal school day as having a structure will help to maintain a sense of normality. Why not try adapt our revision timetable into a daily home school timetable? Click here to access it.
- Stick to your timetable by using a timer. This will ensure that you cover all learning materials and even better, makes sure that you do not miss out on your breaks!
- Stay focused by avoiding any distractions. Find a designated learning space where you can effectively concentrate. For instance, try not to study next to your noisy siblings or whilst watching TV. We also recommend trying to choose a study space that is different to your relaxation area as this will help you detach when you want to disconnect.
- Check in with your teachers if you have any concerns and do not be afraid to ask for help if you ever need it. Your teachers are only an email away and are always there to assist you.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle through daily exercise, nutritious snacks and drinks. This will all contribute to increased productivity levels.
- Stay in touch with your friends and connect with your peers. For instance, you could discuss new topics to deepen your understanding of them or you could share learning strategies.
- Monitor your emails regularly to check if there are any new resources, tasks or updates from your teachers.
- Boost your confidence by revisiting and revising syllabi content you have previously learnt. This can easily be achieved through Revision Buddies which offers thousands of course-specific questions, detailed explanations and past papers for a plethora of subjects. Spending as little as 10 minutes a day on our app or website can result in over 60 hours of extra revision per year!
- Lastly, try stay positive. Enjoy the benefits of studying at home and do not worry as you will be returning to school or college in no time!