Revision Buddies (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Scope of Policy
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.revisionbuddies.com and/or downloading a Revision Buddies app, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
All data captured with our services will be used and held in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is Revision Buddies Ltd, a company registered in England of Bowlish Grange, Forum Lane, Shepton Mallet, BA45JL with Company Number: 7975021
What do we collect?
Information you give us
- We receive and store any information you knowingly enter on the Platform, whether via computer, mobile phone, any other wireless device or that you provide to us in any other way. This includes filling in forms on our website, inputting detail into our Apps, or by downloading or accessing any Revision Buddies content, corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It also applies when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions accessible with our services or enter a competition, promotion or survey. This information may be published by Revision Buddies; however, any such information will remain anonymous.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us in order to fulfil your requirement
- Information automatically collected
We receive and store certain types of usage information whenever you interact with the Platform. In particular:
- Details of how you use the Platform and the content within it, including how often the Platform is used, your performance and which items you access when.
- Technical information, including information about the device that you use to access the Platform or use to download a Revision Buddies App including, where available, the device’s unique identifiers, operating system, browser type, mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number. This will be used for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and contributing content providers/authors/publishers.
- When you use of view content within the Platform Revision Buddies may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs from your browser including but not limited to internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, internet service provider (“ISP), cookie information and the page you requested. We also record details of activity such as the number and frequency of visitors, browser type, language, pages viewed and date or time stamps.
- When you install an App containing a unique application number or when the App searched for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation may be sent to Revision Buddies
How will we use this information?
Revision Buddies is committed to protecting your personal information. As well as fulfilling any requirements made by the user, the information collected is used and analysed in order to provide the user with a better experience and to improve the Revision Buddies service. It is also used to allow us to communicate our services to you and to enable us to create your personal account, customise your experience and to send you appropriate notifications.
Please note that your information may be used to send details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in line with the information you submitted when registering to use the Revision Buddies Platform. Web beacons may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails (and links within those emails) have been opened by recipients. This enables Revision Buddies to understand the effectiveness of its communications. To opt out of receiving such communications please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revision Buddies aims to keep your information private, however it cannot guarantee security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors may compromise the security of user information.
What is given to third parties?
Revision Buddies will not share personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes without the users’ explicit consent; however it may disclose personal information to third parties:
- who provide payment services to Revision Buddies such as credit card companies in connection with purchases made by you. These third parties are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose.
- if Revision Buddies or any of its assets is acquired by a third party, personal data held about its users may be transferred.
- if Revision Buddies is required to share its users’ personal information in line with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Revision Buddies, its employees, users or others.
- such as schools, or any other educational institution or group, parents or other individuals who have purchased rights to use the Platform, the Apps and access content via the Platform on the users’ behalf where they use the Platform and Apps to set assignments, monitor progress or other similar activities.
You may withdraw any consent previously given by notifying Revision Buddies at any time using the details set out in this Policy.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you suspect that your password has been discovered by anybody else please let us know and we will take the appropriate action, including you to re-set the password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including but not limited to online Appstores on which the Apps or our content are advertised or made available). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Parents and guardians can review information we hold on their children and can request that we delete and/or correct that information. We may ask for verified identity of said parent/guardian before responding to a request to review and/or delete personal information.
Cookies are small pieces of information that parties transfer to your computer or mobile device to enable systems to recognise your computer or device and tell them how you use our Platform.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. Please note, however, that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website and your ability to log in. To learn more about cookies and how you can control them on your browser, have a look at www.youronlinechoices.com.
|Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to track user activity anonymously, this lets us see how many people visit certain pages across the site and other grouped site usage.||Per session||3rd party|
|Standard uses to allow you to share pages from TSR on Twitter using the Tweet button.||Between 1.5 – 20 years||3rd party|
|Standard uses to allow you to share pages from TSR on Facebook using the share button.||Between 1 month – 2 years||3rd party|