Revision Buddies GCSE History
£2.99 / year with a 3-day free trial
Enable full access on all your IOS and Android devices as well as on our website.
Schools and Parents: If you wish to buy Revision Buddies for a student or a group of students and have the ability to view reports on student progress then please select the Student Enrolment option. See here for more details.
Students: If you are purchasing for your own personal revision then please select Individual Purchase.
This self-assessment series is designed to ensure that you get to grips with all that you need to know in order to excel in your GCSE History exam.
How can you use Revision Buddies to prepare for your GCSE History exam?
– Revise anywhere, anytime.
– Enjoy comprehensive content covering topics from the Edexcel, AQA and OCR Grade 9-1 syllabuses.
– Adapt the app to your needs and requirements.
– Test yourself through 1000s of syllabus specific multiple choice questions with detailed explanations.
– Learn from hundreds of illustrated diagrams.
– Choose to repeat difficult questions or select new questions at random.
– Watch your knowledge improve using inbuilt progress reports & self-assessment graphs.
– Share your results with friends on Twitter & Facebook.
– Benefit from direct links to past papers & mark schemes.
– Email progress charts to your teacher or upload results through smart integration with applications such as Firefly & Dropbox.
– Practice makes perfect! Test yourself for just 10 minutes every day and be amazed at how your results can improve.
How does Revision Buddies GCSE History platform benefit students?
Revision Buddies aims to consolidate knowledge, further understanding and boost confidence in the lead up to GCSE exams. The engaging, interactive and effective self-assessment app enables users to revise at their own pace and in their own time. Users simply have to select their syllabus, level and the relevant topics to test their knowledge and once downloaded, can use the app offline.
How does Revision Buddies GCSE History platform benefit parents and teachers?
Our Student Enrolment feature allows you to purchase for a student or a class of students and then monitor their progress via our Class Management and Reports page. This serves as the perfect tool to identify areas of common weakness and pinpoints areas where students need extra help. In particular, these features can greatly improve a teacher’s productivity as it reduces time spent on assessment and marking, giving teachers extra time to focus on resolving any knowledge gaps that have been identified through the report system. See For Schools and Parents for more details or get in touch to find out about our discounted bulk orders for your students!
What is included in Revision Buddies GCSE History content?
This is our new and much improved History course where you can now select the exam board you are studying. We now match the specification of each exam board topic for topic. See the Topics Covered tab for details of all the topics that we are cover.
Why should you use Revision Buddies for GCSE History Revision?
Student Testimonials: “Really helpful and fun *****”, “What a great app! I found the explanations especially helpful and the access to past papers meant that I could test my knowledge as I went along. Really helpful and easy to use, would recommend to anyone about to sit their exams as a way of breaking up a day of samey revision!”, “Best revision app on the store *****”, “As a student going into my GCSE exams this is the most helpful revision app series on the App Store”.
Parent Testimonials: “Sooo helpful *****”, “Working whilst with two children doing their GCSEs is not easy so being able to rely on this app is great. I wanted to ensure the quality of the content so went through it myself first, quite enjoyed it really!! Looking forward to a few more topics! Thanks”.
Teacher Testimonials: “Great*****”, “Recommended to my GCSE class for quick revision and reminders. They even added on the Spec’ I asked for. Impressed”, “Your apps are proving very popular with our Y11s including my own nephew”, “Promoting your app to all my year 10s tomorrow…they are going to love it..#A*s”.
Edexcel, AQA, OCR
- America, 1840-1895: Expansion and consolidation
- Germany, 1890-1945: Democracy and dictatorship
- Russia, 1894-1945: Tsardom and communism
- America, 1920-1973: Opportunity and inequality
- Conflict and tension, 1894-1918
- Conflict and tension, 1918-1939
- Conflict and tension between East and West, 1945-1972
- Conflict and tension in Asia, 1950-1975
- Conflict and tension, 1990-2009
- Britain: Health and the people: c1000 to the present day
- Britain: Power and the people: c1170 to the present day
- Britain: Migration, empires and the people: c790 to the present day
- Norman England, c1066-c1100
- Medieval England – the reign of Edward I, 1272-1307
- Elizabethan England, c1568-1603
- Restoration England, 1660-1685
- Crime and punishment in Britain, c1000-present and Whitechapel, c1870-c1900: crime, policing and the inner city
- Medicine in Britain, c1250-present and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914-18: injuries, treatment and the trenches
- Warfare and British society, c1250-present and London and the Second World War, 1939-45
- Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060-88
- The reigns of King Richard I and King John, 1189-1216
- Henry VIII and his ministers, 1509-40
- Early Elizabethan England, 1558-88
- Spain and the New World, c1490-c1555 (coming soon)
- British America, 1713-83: empire and revolution (coming soon)
- The American West, c1835-c1895
- Superpower relations and the Cold War, 1941-91
- Conflict in the Middle East, 1945-95
- Russia and the Soviet Union, 1917-41
- Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918-39
- Mao’s China, 1945-76
- The USA, 1954-75: conflict at home and abroad
- International Relations: the changing international order 1918-2001
- China 1950-1981: The People and the State
- Germany 1925-1955: The People and the State
- Poland 1956-1990: The People and the State (coming soon)
- Russia 1928-1964: The People and the State
- South Africa 1960-1994: The People and the State (coming soon)
- The USA 1919-1948: The People and the State
- The USA 1945-1974: The People and the State
- Migration to Britain 1000-2010
- Power: Monarchy and Democracy in Britain 1000-2014
- War and British Society 790-2010
- The Impact of Empire on Britain 1688-1730
- The English Reformation 1520-1550
- Personal Rule to Restoration 1629-1660
- The People’s Health, 1250-present
- Crime and Punishment, 1250-present
- Migrants to Britain, 1250-present
- The Norman Conquest, 1065-1087
- The Elizabethans, 1580-1603
- Britain in Peace and War, 1900-1918
- Viking Expansion, 750-1050 (coming soon)
- The Mughal Empire, 1526-1707 (coming soon)
- The Making of America, 1789-1900
- The First Crusade, c.1070-1100 (coming soon)
- Aztecs and the Spanish Conquest, 1519-1535 (coming soon)
- Living under Nazi Rule, 1933-1945